UPDATE (3/31/08): This position is now filled! Thanks!
Sadly, we need to replace this guy. Here are the details…
Sub Pop Records is currently seeking a new part-time IT/Help Desk professional at our world headquarters. Based in Seattle, WA the beacon of grunge has become a leading force in the increasingly self-important and intolerable world of indie rock and/or pop.
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support of the Microsoft office suite, mainly Outlook/Exchange.
- Software upgrades, repair and support for a variety of programs including Quickbooks, iTunes, Photoshop, Firefox, antivirus, Filemaker, and more.
- All desktop support questions for a 30 user network.
- Print queue management.
- Computer hardware building, upgrading, and repair.
- Proactive upgrading of network hardware and software.
- Basic level server support for Active Directory, DNS, Domain Controllers and Exchange.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking principals and network hardware.
- Ability to diagnose, organize and solve problems on the fly.
- Knowledge of relevant media types and their various uses, IE: .wav, .mp3, .mov, .mp4, .avi, .mpeg, .zip, .rar, .tiff, .jpeg, etc.
- Hardware/Software purchasing and implementation of hardware devices such as printers, phones, scanners, BlackBerries, monitors, etc.
- Must be an independent thinking troubleshooter who can self-start all projects.
- Ability to organize and execute a plan from beginning to end with little supervision.
- Ability to learn and use new technology related skills and theories to solve network issues.
- This person will also coordinate IT support and planning with our contracted technology services partner (All Covered).
Our ideal candidate will work 20-30 hours a week on site in our Seattle office 5 days a week for 3-6 hours a day supporting all office desktop support needs.
This position will be paid hourly, depending on experience, and will include opportunities for ongoing professional technical education, paid for by Sub Pop.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com