Father John Misty returns with Chloë and the Next 20th Century, his fifth long-player and first new material since the release of God’s Favorite Customer in 2018. Watch the official video for “Funny Girl,” the album’s first offering, directed by Nicholas Ashe Bateman.
Chloë and the Next 20th Century was written and recorded August through December 2020 and features arrangements by Drew Erickson.
The album sees Tillman and producer/multi-instrumentalist Jonathan Wilson resume their longtime collaboration, as well as Dave Cerminara’s return as engineer and mixer. Basic tracks were recorded at Wilson’s Five Star Studios with strings, brass, and woodwinds recorded at United Recordings in a session featuring Dan Higgins and Wayne Bergeron, among others.
Chloë and The Next 20th Century includes the singles “Funny Girl,” “Q4,” “Goodbye Mr. Blue,” and “Kiss Me (I Loved You),” and will be available April 8th, 2022 worldwide from Sub Pop and in Europe from Bella Union.
2. Goodbye Mr. Blue
3. Kiss Me (I Loved You)
4. (Everything But) Her Love
5. Buddy’s Rendezvous
7. Olvidado (Otro Momento)
8. Funny Girl
9. Only a Fool
10. We Could Be Strangers
11. The Next 20th Century
All formats of Chloë and the Next 20th Century are available for preorder now from Sub Pop, Bella Union (UK/Europe), and select independent retailers in North America. The album will be available in the following formats:
- Limited edition deluxe 2xLP box set with exclusive, expanded artwork in a gorgeous hardcover book containing both LPs pressed on clear red vinyl, a poster by Rafa Orrico, and two bonus 7” singles featuring covers of Chloë and the Next 20th Century songs, performed by Lana Del Rey (“Buddy’s Rendezvous”) and Jack Cruz (“Kiss Me (I Loved You)”).
- The limited Loser Edition 2xLP gatefold version pressed on clear blue vinyl (North America-only).
- Standard 2xLP gatefold version pressed on black vinyl.
- CD in a gatefold digipak with a poster.
There will also be a new T-shirt design available.
Father John Misty and his band have also scheduled two symphony performances for 2022: February 25th in Los Angeles at Walt Disney Concert Hall with the LA Phil, and April 7th in London at the Barbican with Britten Sinfonia conducted by Jules Buckley. Tickets for these shows will be on sale Friday, January 7th, 2022 at 10 am (local).
Based in Seattle, WA
Sub Pop Records is seeking a full-time Accounting / Payroll Coordinator to join our Accounting Dept. in Seattle.
We are accepting resumes through the position closing date of Feb 7, 2022.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kara Mattaini at email@example.com.
Accounting / Payroll Coordinator
- Enter and process bi-weekly payroll (track hourly pay, paid time off, paid leave, employee purchases / chargebacks, postage).
- Track and process new employee paperwork (W-4, I-9, employee manual acknowledgement forms). Organize and maintain required documentation.
- Update employee address changes, dependent adds/changes in various benefit administrator websites.
- Prepare bi-weekly csv file to tie employee 401K contributions to payroll reports – to be uploaded to our 401k administrative site.
- Accounts payable: enter emailed/paper bills into QuickBooks accounting system weekly or as needed. Print necessary documents for payable audit trail.
- Pay and record monthly recurring invoices that require login.
- Monitor and enter FedEx freight bills.
- Track and update current foreign exchange rates each month from online published rates to the QuickBooks accounting system.
- Enter details of previously paid international wire transfers into QuickBooks accounting system.
- Ensure appropriate W-9 tax information is complete and maintained for vendor record compliance and annual 1099 tax reporting.
- Update project code information in the QuickBooks Customer Job record based on the published Sub Pop release schedule.
- Download and summarize monthly Bandcamp Net Revenue reports.
- Download and summarize monthly Shopify retail and B2B sales reports.
- Prepare monthly retail sales reports for property managers.
- Assist with Excel to inventory system upload for international distributors monthly sales information.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable invoices upon request (licensing / publishing / master use / miscellaneous).
- This position may be primarily WFH, hybrid, or in-office, but if the applicant chooses to be WFH/hybrid they must be able to meet in person at downtown Seattle HQ two days per week at minimum. In-office work requires proof of CDC recommended COVID vaccination series.
- Strong understanding of general accounting principles, particularly related to accounts payable and payroll.
- Must have a professional and approachable demeanor, and a positive attitude. Must have the abilities to effectively communicate, organize, accurately multitask, and pay attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Project costing, QuickBooks, and Fishbowl experience is preferred.
- Some knowledge of the Sub Pop catalog is preferred.
Sub Pop Records is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran or disability status. Sub Pop Records will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kara Mattaini at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 7, 2022.