How would you like to visit Seattle, stay in a posh downtown Seattle hotel, get an exclusive tour of the Sub Pop office, and receive a Sub Pop prize pack (full of Sub Pop prizes) all just for sharing with the world (or, more specifically, Twitter and/or Instagram) your favorite record (non Sub Pop records qualify)? Well, we’ve paired with our dear friends, neighbors, and long time home away from home for Sub Pop artists when they visit Seattle, The Hotel Max, to give you exactly this thing!
Here’s the gist: Using @hotel_max and #poptoseattle, Tweet or Instagram a photo of your favorite record to enter to win airfare for two to Seattle (up to an $800 value), a two-night stay at the (fabulous) Hotel Max, and a prize pack from Sub Pop. Blackout dates may apply. Contest begins March 13, 2014 and ceases to be a contest on March 20, 2014 at 11:59pm. Full rules here.
Go! Do the thing! Show us your favorite record so you can come meet us in person!
UPDATE: The retail store is fully staffed at this time, however, we’re always accepting resumes. Email to email@example.com. Thanks!
Sub Pop is currently accepting resumes from energetic, responsible, detail-oriented, and dependable candidates for full-time Sales Clerk positions at our new store at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, opening April 2014.
• Greeting and assisting customers in a friendly manner.
• Full compliance with Sea-Tac operation rules and strict TSA regulations and restrictions.
• Efficiently handling cash and credit card transactions.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
• Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Assist in organizing and restocking the store.
• Maintaining the general appearance of the store.
• Contributing to the team retail effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Previous experience in the retail environment.
• Knowledge of the Sub Pop catalog, Pacific Northwest music, the Seattle music community, and the City of Seattle.
• A friendly and enthusiastic disposition with customers and staff.
• Strong and clear communication skills.
• A general understanding of retail Point of Sale systems.
• Flexibility in schedule and willingness to work early or late hours.
The Sub Pop Retail Store will have unusually long hours, generally 6am - 10pm, and will remain open 365 days a year.