THUMPERS, one of Sub Pop’s newest familial additions, have a debut record coming out in just a handful of days. The album track, “Unkinder (A Tougher Love)” has been out there for a little while now, but with it’s massively catchy sound and shimmering vibes, it hasn’t had a proper visual accompaniment until now. So, press play, and let your eyes and ears gorge upon the audio and visual feast that THUMPERS bring in the embedded player.
Galore is streaming in its entirety all week courtesy of the fine folks at NPR Music. Head on over there to hear what the rest of this triumph of a debut record has in store.
If you pre-order Galore from us here at
Subpop.com, you will receive a bonus CD with 4 extra tracks not on the
record, including a cover of a song by recent tourmates CHVRCHES, performed by THUMPERS! Customers who pre-order the LP will receive the limited, colored-vinyl “Loser Edition” of the album.
Putting out a band’s debut record is a proud moment for the (not terribly proud) people of Sub Pop Records, and the London-based band THUMPERS’ debut, Galore, is no exception. Galore is an immediately engrossing, hopelessly catchy record that we’re stoked to stamp with the catalog number SP1062. If you order the record on LP from the Sub Pop Mega Mart, you’ll receive your copy on the limited, colored-vinyl Loser Edition of Galore. This is a classic while-they-last scenario, so order quickly!
Order THUMPERS’ Galore from SubPop.com here.
We’re just about two short weeks from The Notwist’s Sub Pop debut, Close To The Glass, and the band
have given us a brand new animated short for the shimmering, propulsive, sonic diamond that is
the album track “Kong”. The whole package–perfect song + tediously and endlessly charming animated short–is a wonderful cinematic experience. Be a hero and
share it w/ a friend.If you pre-order Close to the Glass, you will receive a set of small, limited-edition art prints. Speaking of limited-edition, if you pre-order the record on the vinyls, you’ll receive the limited, colored-vinyl Loser Edition of Close to the Glass; in this case a 2xLP, one orange and one blue with an
etching on the fourth side of the LP (the etching will also be on
non-Loser Edition LPs, BTW). And, as is always the case with
limited-edition things, when they’re gone, they’re gone, so order now!
UPDATE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AS OF 2/26/2014
Yes, this is happening. Sup Pop Records is currently searching for an
organized and self-motivating Retail Store Manager for a new store at
the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which will open in the Spring of 2014.
Ideal candidates should have several years of experience running a
retail store and should have knowledge of the Sub Pop catalog, Pacific
Northwest music, the Seattle music community, and the city of Seattle. Interested? Know anyone? Please pass it along. For a more detailed job description, please read on. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. SUB POP RECORDS SEATAC RETAIL STORE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Sub Pop Records is currently searching for an organized and self-motivated Retail Store Manager for a new store
at the Seatle -Tacoma International Airport, opening April 2014.
- Act as a liaison between the retail store operations, SeaTac Port personnel, and Sub Pop Headquarters.
- Ensure that retail store operations are aligned with SeaTac operation rules and compliant with strict TSA regulations and restrictions.
- Schedule employees, assign store responsibilities, monitor work results, and conduct performance
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, and correcting employees.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand industry and location trends.
- Ensure availability of merchandise by maintaining inventories of the retail store and overstock.
- Review merchandising activities; determine additional needed sales promotion; authorize pricing adjustments; study trends.
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal and operational requirements.
- Adapt marketing strategy by reviewing sales records by category.
- Report daily sales and make bank deposits.
- Contribute to the team retail effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience running a retail store.
- Knowledge of the Sub Pop catalog, Pacific Northwest music, the Seattle music community, and the City of
- A friendly and enthusiastic disposition with customers and staff, and also the ability to effectively manage
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- A general understanding of retail Point of Sale systems and the ability to troubleshoot if necessary.
- The Sub Pop Retail Store will have unusually long hours, generally 6am - 10pm, and will remain open 365 days a year.
Please send a resume to Mary Wood at email@example.com.
A few weeks ago, we got to pleasure ourselves by announcing that The Afghan Whigs would be back in business after a 16+ year hiatus (yes, we were that excited) which was received by applause from you. Well, today, Entertainment Weekly and Rolling Stone shared news of a new record, Do To The Beast, a brand new video for the new album track “Algiers”, and some words that they had with the man himself, Greg Dulli. Watch, read, and join the excitement party about the return of one of the keystone bands in the story of Sub Pop.
Pre-order Do To The Beast here, and receive your vinyl order on the limited, colored-vinyl Loser Edition of the record, in this case, on white. Oh, and watch the video in the embed!
It’s been what the kids call a hot minute since Ruby Sun’s criminally overlooked January, 2013 record Christopher came out, and with a brand new video for the song “Desert of Pop” having been surprise-turned in by the band, the record is back on our minds and on our collective office record platters. As a mini celebration of the new video, Ruby Suns records sale on the Sub Pop Mega Mart and iTunes! You can bundle all three of Sub Pop’s Ruby Suns CDs or LPs for just $30, or you can pick them up individually for just $10 apiece–that’s some appreciable savings!
Shop the Ruby Suns sale on SubPop.com or at iTunes.
On Spotify, Rdio, or Beats? (Re)Discover The Ruby Suns there!