Based in Seattle, WA
Sub Pop Records is seeking a full-time Digital Operations Specialist to join the Digital Operations team. This is currently a remote position during west coast business hours, eventually based in our Seattle, WA office.
About the team
The Digital Operations team oversees the delivery and preservation of the company’s digital assets and products, manages associated metadata, and runs the company’s physical archive.
The primary responsibilities of the Digital Operations Specialist are delivering new releases on a busy schedule, assisting with digital asset management, compiling metadata reports, and supporting the department’s projects.
An ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, a strong knowledge of media file formats and metadata concepts, and the ability to work well independently and on a team.
We are accepting resumes through the position closing date of Mar. 14, 2021.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kara Mattaini at email@example.com.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver and maintain digital products with digital service providers
- Manage assets and claims in the YouTube CMS
- Receive and archive digital assets and associated metadata
- Assist staff with digital asset retrieval and delivery
- Compile and deliver metadata reports
- Assist in the physical archive
- Provide support on department projects
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of audio, image and video formats
- Editing and transcoding experience with audio, images, or video
- Experience with file transfer technologies
- Conceptual understanding of metadata and its uses
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in Mac, MS Office, Google Workspace
- Ability to learn and master new technologies
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience delivering products to digital service providers
- Experience with digital asset management systems or processes
- Audio, video, or image cataloging, preservation, or library work
- Management of YouTube CMS or YouTube assets via a distributor
- Database implementation or use
- Degree in Library and/or Information Science
- Music industry experience
- Media catalog management experience
Digital Operations Director
Sub Pop Records is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran or disability status. Sub Pop Records will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kara Mattaini at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 14, 2021.