Sub Pop is seeking a Music Licensing Coordinator in our Seattle office. We’re looking for an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, is detail-oriented and has the ability to work in an open group environment. This is an entry-level position that reports directly to the Director of Licensing.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working to place our catalog in advertisements, TV, film, video games, web-videos, social media, podcasts and more by fielding and responding to music searches and licensing requests.
- Actively pitching our catalog in a manner tailored to the taste and project requirements of individual music supervisors, editors, filmmakers and producers.
- Listening to and quickly learning a large catalog of material and applying that knowledge to searches/requests for material.
- Tagging, organizing and maintaining the licensing website and licensing database.
- Managing outstanding invoices and licenses.
- Logging all licensing and publishing activity and preparing biannual reports on such activity.
- Developing and maintaining relationships directly with music supervisors, ad agencies filmmakers and other potential licensing contacts.
- Organizing and attending artist functions for music supervisors, ad agencies and others when appropriate.
- Coordinating with the marketing department regarding new releases, attending marketing meetings and related artist-specific planning meetings.
- Sending out email blasts, playlists, show invites and other forms of promotion around our releases.
- Assisting in quoting, negotiating and preparing synchronization and master use licenses.
- Knowledge and passion for music in general is a must, as is familiarity with the Sub Pop and Hardly Art catalogs.
- Interest in music licensing, film and advertising.
- Competent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills and an enthusiastic team spirit.
Please send resume and cover letter to Ruth Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Resumes accepted through April 28, 2017