[Photo courtesy of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport]
May 1st, 2016 was a major milestone for the well-intentioned, hard-working and lovably bumbling music industry professionals at Sub Pop Records. Somehow we have managed to open and sustain a retail location at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, FOR TWO ENTIRE YEARS!
And, today, aka Monday, May 9th, we’re going to make a party about it.
Hard to believe? Totally! And yet, here we are, ushering the Sub Pop Airport Store into its terrible twos. To mark this momentous (and, somewhat improbable) occasion, we’re low-key celebrating in grand fashion TODAY inside that very store. Herewith a glimpse at what travelers/revelers might find within these 4-ish walls…
- Free Cupcakes!
- Free CD Samplers of recent Sub Pop and Hardly Art musical selections!
- Actual DJ’s spinning actual records from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM!
- Delicious and free Cupcakes!
- Limited Ed. Vinyl for sale! (not free, but reasonably-priced)
- The opportunity to take your own photo in our Nirvana photo-op cut-out thingy!
- Oh, the Cupcakes! (free, and also a while-they-last situation)
Plus: from 12:00 noon until about 2:30 PM, the soon-to-be world famous and already-wildly-entertaining Sub Pop Podcast will be on-site, interviewing customers, store and airport employees, and passersby asking such incisive questions as, “What is Sup Pop anyway?” Nothing at all could go wrong with this plan, amiright? Hilarious hi-jinks will almost certainly ensue!
The Sub Pop Airport Store 2nd Anniversary Party and Opportunity to Buy T-shirts, Records, CDs, Tapes, Posters, Travel Items, Etc. at Regular Price takes place on Monday, May 9th. You should totally come.