Based in/around Los Angeles, CA
Sub Pop Records (with headquarters in Seattle, WA) is currently searching for an organized, self-motivated, experienced individual to become our full-time DSP Account Manager. The DSP Account Manager position will be based in LA, working remotely and, eventually, from our LA office. When in-person business resumes, this position will lead up our interactions and presentations with LA offices of Spotify, Apple, YouTube and others.
We are accepting resumes through the position closing date of Mar. 10, 2021.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kara Mattaini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DSP Account Manager manages the pitching and support of all Sub Pop and Hardly Art releases at digital music accounts, and works with Sub Pop’s social media team to support music and video offerings at social accounts that have revenue-generating programs. They also work with the Digital Operations team to coordinate digital assets and set-up for all releases, and to gather assets that may be required for on-platform advertising or marketing. They also handle the hybrid sales/marketing/social YouTube account, managing Sub Pop’s YouTube presence, strategy, and analysis.
- Coordinate with Director of Sales on strategy for DSP pitching conversations for all Sub Pop and Hardly Art releases. For key releases, send long lead music and email with key marketing points to initiate account marketing plan.
- Manage digital pitching assets, including Apple priority sheets, Spotify Pitch tool, YouTube pitch tool, etc.
- Send weekly update emails to Spotify, Apple and Pandora with upcoming Sub Pop and Hardly Art track releases for the following 2 weeks.
- Follow up with accounts later in the week with updates on marketing drivers from track releases (press coverage, radio, etc.).
- Send advance digital promo mailings to DSP contacts for upcoming releases via PromoJukebox
- Participate in standing meetings with DSP reps (Spotify, Apple, Pandora).
- Coordinate with artist/mgmt. teams to maintain upkeep of artist profiles on DSPs making sure photos, bio, etc. are current.
- Send US playlist placement updates to Sub Pop Marketing Staff.
- Determine YouTube strategy for all Sub Pop and Hardly Art releases, including channel for video hosting, video publication strategy, etc.
- Strategize to build subscription base for Sub Pop channel.
- Work with artists/managers to gain channel manager access to artist channels when necessary
- Upload official videos and lyric videos to relevant YouTube channel. Update video description, video tags, video title, upload subtitle files, upload thumbnails etc.
- Provide Sub Pop’s Digital Operations Dept. with YouTube links at least 24 hours prior to video publication for video claiming.
- Once video is properly claimed, provide link to marketing staff as well as artist teams prior to video publication.
- Manually publish all videos.
- Maintain and update Sub Pop’s YouTube presence (update playlists, share videos on community tab, etc.)
- Maintain relationships with YouTube reps to pitch artists for YouTube Marketing opportunities.
- Obtain YouTube certifications through online training resources.
- Coach artists on use of YouTube community pages.
- Submit artist channels for Official Artist Channel verification.
Social Music Accounts
- Develop contacts with label relations teams at TikTok, Facebook Music, Instagram Music, Snap, and Triller, and with new similar accounts as they come online.
- Work with MERLIN counterparts to understand and maximize Sub Pop’s opportunities at these accounts.
- Pitch tracks for features/surfacing using available tools direct with accounts or through MERLIN.
- Manage advertising funds available for certain accounts through MERLIN deals. Coordinate with social and sales teams to identify targets for these programs.
- Work with Sub Pop, MERLIN analytics team to monitor key metrics for these accounts and share info with Sub Pop’s marketing team.
- Gather and update retail and DSP links for Smartlinks around album launches and releases. Manage regional links for ex-US territories where applicable.
DSPs/YouTube: Director of Sales
Social Music Accounts: joint supervision by Director of Sales and Director of Social Marketing + Community Engagement
Sub Pop Records is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran or disability status. Sub Pop Records will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kara Mattaini at email@example.com no later than March 10, 2021.
Thanks, and good luck!