WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING RESUMES FOR THE DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR POSITION.
Sub Pop Records: Digital Communications Coordinator
Sub Pop Records is currently looking for a new Digital Communications Coordinator, working here in the label’s Seattle headquarters. This is an important role within the company with responsibility for maintaining and growing our social media presence and managing direct-to-fan communications. This person will work closely with marketing and sales staff and the Director of the Digital Communications department.
Our ideal candidate for our growing Digital Communications department is an enthusiastic, creative and skilled social media manager and content producer who has a solid understanding of social media marketing and online communities, the artists and music represented by Sub Pop and how best to serve them and their fans in this digital environment. This person must have excellent written and overall communication skills and an appreciation for how to continue to develop and expand the Sub Pop voice within each unique social platform. A thorough understanding of social media campaigns and a drive for creating and sharing engaging content and recognizing new opportunities is essential. The ability to work well as a member of the Digital Communications and larger marketing and sales teams, representing the priorities of each is crucial as well.
The closing date to apply for this position is Monday, May 25th.
Social Media and direct-to-fan communications
Communication & Reporting
Social media and direct-to-fan communications
- Manage the social media efforts on behalf of Sub Pop Records to increase awareness of our releases, bands and the Sub Pop brand, and maintain regular communication on social channels for customer service opportunities, general fan interaction and identifying trends.
- Develop our growing email list and in coordination with Sub Pop’s Mega Mart (ecommerce) priorities write and deliver a bi-weekly newsletter to this list, with the goal of growing direct-to-consumer sales as well as artist and brand awareness.
- Schedule, organize and execute direct-to-fan communications, and create and distribute marketing assets on behalf of the label and its bands within a shared Digital Communications editorial calendar.
- Monitor and effectively leverage ever-changing social media tools; stay current with best practices and tools and evolve different strategies as appropriate.
- Address social media challenges and suggest solutions.
Communication and reporting
- Work in partnership with the Director of Digital Communications and marketing staff as a whole.
- Attend weekly marketing and departmental meetings to evaluate emerging opportunities and report on current projects.
- Track and and report on digital analytics and effectively convey these findings in department and marketing staff weekly meetings, and at semiannual meetings.
- Responsible for all updating and maintenance of project reports; identify new needs for additional reporting and stats.
- Work with Director to help evolve strategies and determine best metrics to measure and report the results of social media initiatives for Sub Pop and our bands.
- Attend relevant conferences and maintain and develop contacts with all relative platforms and services, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Work with and help educate marketing staff on emerging social media technologies and industry best practices.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years experience overseeing and developing content for a lifestyle or entertainment brand.
- Thorough knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest (and more) and integration of tools and third-party applications, such as Hootsuite.
- Advanced computer skills required; strong technical skills preferred; aptitude with the usual suite of current office software and tools are all expected.
- Data, analytics, and metrics oriented; strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to create and manipulate images and video for use online & familiarity with basic editing programs required; specific experience/background in graphic design, multimedia, video production and all relevant software (Adobe Creative Suite, Pro Tools, Final Cut, etc) preferred.
- Must be highly motivated and organized self-starter with the ability to multitask and communicate clearly and effectively to large and small groups alike and interpersonally as well. A creative thinker with the ability to work well both independently and as part of team to see tasks through to completion.
Supervisor: Director of Digital Communications
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com