After countless hours spent in marketing meetings with high-paid consultants, we at Sub Pop Records have decided that the time has come once again to field a “street marketing team.” And we are beginning the search for this elite cadre of specialists with you, our beloved SubPop.com regulars/occasional visitors/curious onlookers!
Should you land one of the coveted spots on our street team, your duties will include: stopping by your favorite local record stores, and other hot spots in your town, to hang up posters; occasionally checking to see if these stores have our records in stock; sending us clips from your local papers about any of the bands/artists we work with; and generally spreading the good word about these bands/artists. In return for your efforts, you will receive a copy of the CD you worked and/or a spot on the guest list when the band comes to town, along with some other goodies. But, more important than all of these (admittedly magnificent) worldly goods, you will receive a far greater, though less tangible, reward. You will gain experience in this business we call show, earn the respect of your peers, and become a member of our extended family.
We are looking for people in the following cities:
LA, NYC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Atlanta, Austin, Minneapolis, Denver, DC, Vancouver, BC and Toronto, ON.
If you live in one of these cities and would like to apply, please send us a resume, along with a brief explanation of why you want to join our street team. Also, please answer the following questions:
1. What are your three current favorite albums?
2. Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, or The Skipper?
3. What are your current favorite radio stations (if any)?
4. Do you easily take offense?
5. Do you bathe regularly? Could your personal hygiene regimen be described as “unusual,” “intermittent,” or “failing”? (Hint: these are not the only three choices…)
6. What are the three best concerts/shows you’ve been to?
7. Where would you hang posters in your town?
8. Will you loan me five dollars? If yes, would you remind me about this loan in that annoying tone of yours every single day until it was repaid?
(If your city is not on the above list and you’re dying to become a part of the street team family, send us an email telling us why we should include you/your city.)
Please send your resume and responses along with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org