News for Papercuts
Record Store Day is April 16, 2011
We at Sub Pop Records will be very thoroughly celebrating Record Store Day this year, with a number of releases and events across the country very nearly beyond our meager ability to count. We’ll have limited-edition Record Store Day exclusive releases from Blitzen Trapper, Fleet Foxes and Lower Dens, a free 19-track Sub Pop sampler, and in-store performances by Obits, Low and The Head and the Heart. Plus, the self-titled debut from The Head and the Heart comes out on CD and LP on April 16th as part of Record Store Day. To find a participating store, go here.
Record Store Day Exclusive Releases
Fleet Foxes — Helplessness Blues b/w Grown Ocean 12" single SP920 (limited edition of 3000)
Lower Dens — Deer Knives b/w Tangiers 7" single SP927 (limited edition of 1000)
Blitzen Trapper — Maybe Baby b/w Soul Singer 7" single SP929 (limited edition of 1500)
Record Store Day Release Date
The Head and the Heart The Head and the Heart CD/LP SP915
Record Store Day Sampler
Terminal Sales Vol. 4: Please to Enjoy CD SP932
Our 2011 label sampler, comes housed in an embossed, die-cut package, and includes 18 art prints with information about each of the artists and a folded poster. Sub Pop would like to give it to you.
1. Daniel Martin Moore “Dark Road” from the album In the Cool of the Day (SP860), available January 2011
2. Aurelio “Tio Sam” from the album Laru Beya (NXA002), available on Next Ambiance January 2011
3. The Twilight Singers “On the Corner” from the album Dynamite Steps (SP844), available February 2011
4. Mogwai “Slight Domestic” from the “Mexican Grand Prix” 7" single on Rock Action Records, available February 2011
5. Papercuts “Do What You Will” from the album Fading Parade (SP885), available February 2011
6. Dum Dum Girls “Wrong Feels Right” from the He Gets Me High EP (SP917), available March 2011
7. J Mascis “Not Enough” from the album Several Shades of Why (SP859), available March 2011
8. Obits “You Gotta Lose” from the album Moody, Standard and Poor (SP857) available March 2011
9. Low “Try to Sleep” from the album C’mon (SP905), available April 2011
10. The Head and the Heart “No One to Let You Down,” previously unreleased. The album The Head and the Heart (SP915) is available for Record Store Day, April 16, 2011
11. Blitzen Trapper “Maybe Baby” from the “Maybe Baby” 7" single (SP929), available for Record Store Day, April 16, 2011
12. Lower Dens “Deer Knives” from the “Deer Knives” 7" single (SP927), available for Record Store Day, April 16, 2011
13. Fleet Foxes “Helplessness Blues” from the album Helplessness Blues (SP888), available May 2011
14. Chad VanGaalen “Peace on the Rise” from the album Diaper Island (SP871), available May 2011
15. Shabazz Palaces “lost foundling.” This Shabazz Palaces track is not from the album Black Up (SP900), available May 2011
16. Memoryhouse “Sleep Patterns” from The Years EP (SP925), available at some as-yet-undetermined point in 2011
17. Mister Heavenly “Mister Heavenly” from the as-yet-untitled Mister Heavenly debut album (SP926), available August 2011
18. Niki and the Dove “The Fox” From “The Fox” 12" single (SP930), available June 2011
19. Blouse “Shadow” From the “Shadow” 7" single (SP939), available May 2011
Bands Performing in Actual Record Stores
The Head and the Heart
Sonic Boom (Ballard), Seattle, WA 3pm (acoustic)
Easy Street (Queen Anne), Seattle, WA 7pm (full band)
Electric Fetus, Minneapolis, MN 4pm
Generation Records, New York, NY time TBC.
Beautiful World Syndicate , Philadelphia 2pm
For more information on Record Store Day visit the Record Store Day website.
Sub Pop (Outside Stage)
8:50 Shabazz Palaces
11:20 Dum Dum Girls
12:10 J Mascis
1:00 The Head and the Heart
Hardly Art (Inside Stage)
8:15 Colleen Green
9:15 The Moondoggies
10:15 Hunx & His Punx
11:15 Unnatural Helpers
12:15 Fergus & Geronimo
1:15 La Sera
Check back often for updates on other shows our bands will be playing throughout the festival.
Papercuts are set to release their Sub Pop debut, Fading Parade On March 1st 2011. In anticipation of our first official date with Papercuts, we here at Sub Pop have decided to share the love with a whole lotta Papercuts-related offerings . First off, the 7" for “Do What You Will” comes out today, February 1st! We hope you might remember that we gave out a free download of that A-side last month and our continued hope is that you’ll like that song enough to add the single your 7" collection. By the way, you can order that 7" “Do What You Will” single here.
While we are in the sharing-the-love kind of mood, we’re also presenting 2 new free MP3 downloads as of today; the exclusive non-album track “UFO” and the gorgeous first track off of Fading Parade, “Do You Really Wanna Know”. These songs are currently only available now via the Papercuts mailing list and you can sign up for that list on their artist page or in the handy little widget below.
We also happen to have a brand new video in today and we posted it above so be sure and watch this recent performance of “Do You Really Wanna Know” that was shot in San Francisco by our friends at YoursTruly. We have another really great performance from this show that we’ll be posting soon too, so be on the lookout for that as well.
You say you still want more exclusive music from Papercuts? Well then, you should pre-order Fading Parade via SubPop.com because you will receive a Sub Pop CDR of bonus material with 3 brand spanking new songs, made for you, with love. You can order that one here
Before we go, one more important bit of news: Papercuts have also just announced a headline tour beginning on March 12th in San Diego ending on April 9th in their hometown of San Francisco! The band will be playing a handful of dates this month with fellow label-mates and friends, Beach House. See their tour page for a full list of dates.
With 2011 now well and fully upon us, we here at Sub Pop Records of Seattle, WA have the altogether enviable good fortune of sharing with/foisting upon you a new song from the upcoming Papercuts album Fading Parade! Fading Parade will be in record stores near, far and as many points in between as we can possibly manage on March 1st. You can listen to the debut single, “Do What You Will” by clicking here.
We are also releasing a Papercuts 7" single for “Do What You Will” b/w the non-album track “Thoughts on Hell” on February 1st. You can pre-order this 7" by clicking here. If you are as into the idea of pre-ordering records as we are really very fervently hoping you are, then maybe you would like to know that if/when you pre-order Fading Parade via Subpop.com (only) you will also receive a free limited-edition CDR of 3 unreleased bonus tracks! You can get with pre-ordering the record here.