Release Date July 21, 2014
Catalog No 4089592
Formats Vinyl Box Set and 2xCD
(note: the LP has been delayed, and will not be available for a few more weeks. 8/11/14)
From Chemikal Underground’s release page:
Come On Die Young was – and remains – a hugely accomplished, elegant and important album, setting a benchmark for the fierce intelligence that would characterize Mogwai’s future body of work. The reissue of Come On Die Young – fifteen years after it originally hit the shelves – recognizes the vital role this album played in Chemikal Underground’s development as the label approaches its 20th anniversary in 2015. This deluxe edition of Come On Die Young has been painstakingly put together by the band and label, unearthing more than an hour of bonus material including:
- Previously unreleased takes from early Chem19 sessions of ‘Waltz For Aidan’,‘Christmas Steps’, ‘Rollerball’ as well as ‘7-25’ (which ultimately featured on ‘Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait’).
- Seven remixed and remastered album tracks from CAVA sessions pre-dating the final Tarbox recording sessions.
- Two previously unreleased tracks ‘Satchel Panzer’ and ‘Spoon Test’.
- Rarities ‘Nick Drake’, ‘Hugh Dallas’ and the 3 track ‘Travels In Constants EP’.
- The original, previously unreleased version of ‘Helps Both Ways’.
- A1 ‘San Siro’ poster for Mogwai’s Barrowland Ballroom show from October ’99.
- Boxset includes 4 x 180gsm LPs featuring the original 2LP and 2LP of bonus material.
- Two Chem19 Demos are exclusive to the boxset: ‘Christmas Steps’ and ‘7-25’.
- LP box set includes a download code for all audio within the box set.