Brooklyn resident, comedian and really great guy (and Russian immigrant) Eugene Mirman has, among a great many other things, released two previous albums: Suicide Squeeze Records’ The Absurd Nightclub Comedy of Eugene Mirman (voted best of 2004 by Time Out New York and The Onion) and the 2006 genre-bending (not really) follow-up En Garde, Society! on Sub Pop Records (which Eugene thinks reached an Amazon ranking of about 2,045 in music!). Now, three years later, The Mirm (that’s what the crew on the Flight of the Conchords tour called him) is releasing the possibly offensive, but most likely charming God Is a Twelve-Year-Old Boy with Asperger’s. Recorded live in Chicago (the city where Abraham Lincoln lost his virginity) at the Lakeshore Theater (an intimate alt-comedy theater) in super-late 2008, this album is a collection of Eugene’s funniest new stuff.
Released: October 6, 2009
- Hello and Several Jokes on Topics Ranging from Elevators to Goofing Around on a Whale Watch
- My Gas Got Shut Off -- Boo!
- Vancouver, Detroit, and Bears!
- Divisive Online Banner Ads
- America Is Better than Abortion
- The Questionable Polls of Russia Today
- I Found an iPod
- The Will to Whatevs Book Tour and an Amazing Boy with Asperger's
- Sex, ??????? AirLIES, and Videotape: A Three-Part Radio Play Very Based on a True Story
- My Letter to ??????? Airlines, Your Postcard to ??????? Airlines