David Cross / Its Not Funny - SP635
Recorded in January of 2004, during a four-night, eight-show stand in Washington, DC, It’s Not Funny is the follow-up to David’s Grammy Award Losing (to Weird Al’s Poodle Hat!) album, Shut Up, You Fucking Baby! “A truth teller in the noble tradition of Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor and Lenny Bruce, Cross aims not just to entertain, but to challenge, provoke, and shake his audience out of its complacent stupor…as urgent and outraged as a Noam Chomsky lecture, but infinitely more entertaining” (The Onion). “Simply put, David Cross is the gentlest, kindest, and most sanitary man I have ever met” (Dave Eggers).
Released: May 4, 2004
- CERTAIN LEADERS IN GOVERNMENT LOOK OR ACT LIKE CERTAIN POP CULTURE REFERENCES!
- "WOMNE, PLEASE RINSE OFF YOUR VAGINA AND ANUS!"
- I'VE TAKEN A POPULAR CONTEMPORARY SONG AND CHAGED THE LYRICS O COMMENT ON THE PROLIFERATION OF STARB
- A RAPID SERIES OF COMICAL NOISES!
- "ALTHOUGH INDIGENT, RURAL FAMILIES HAVE LITTLE TO SAY IN THE MATTER, THEIR MEAGER, THIRD RATE PUBLIC
- "MY CHILD IS ENTHRALLING, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT SAYS SOMETHING UNEXPECTEDLY PRECOCIOUS EVEN THOUGH IT D
- MY IMMIGRANT MOM TALKS FUNNY!
- "WHEN IT COMES TO JEWS, BEHAVIOUR ONE MIGHT PERCEIVE AS OBNOXIOUS AND ANNOYING I PRESENT AS QUIRKY B
- PANDERING TO THE LOCALS!
- "EVEN THOUGH I AM IN THE CLOSET, THAT WON'T PREVENT ME FROM GETTING CHEAP LAUGHS AT THE EXPENSE OF H
- "WEATHERMEN HAVE BECOME, FOR THE MOST PART, OBSOLETE!"
- "WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, I AM LONELY AND MISERABLE AND BARELY ABLE TO MASK MY CONTEMPT FOR THE AU