release date: May 3, 2011
Hey, my name’s Robin and I’m a singer in and songwriter for Fleet Foxes, here to write the promotional biography meant to accompany and explain Helplessness Blues. I’m just going to write down some thoughts I have about the album and give you some context. Let’s do this.
So, for a bit of background: we’re from Seattle, and the members of the band are me, Skye Skjelset, Josh Tillman, Casey Wescott, Christian Wargo, and now our buddy Morgan Henderson, who helped out on the album and will join the band on tour. The band began as just me and Skye in Junior High, playing songs in his bedroom, until we moved to Seattle, settled on a name, and began meeting other musicians and playing with different people until we met all the guys currently on board. Casey joined in 2005, Christian in 2007, and Josh joined shortly before our first album was released, but after we’d recorded it. So, that’s some background information. Good luck working that into something intriguing.
We released our first album in 2008, had a lot of unexpected support from people and the press and we ended up on tour until October of 2009 (we’d expected to do one or two U.S. tours and hoped to start our next album in the Fall of 2008!)
Recording started with demos at a building in Seattle that’s been multiple recording studios since the ‘70s, from Triangle, to Jon & Stu’s, to Reciprocal Recording, to the Hall of Justice. A number of incredible albums have been made in that building over the years, including Bleach by Nirvana. So we were…
Helplessness Blues is the new full-length from Fleet Foxes. Helplessness Blues was recorded over the course of a year at Avast Recording, Bear Creek Studios, Dreamland Studios, and Reciprocal…
Click the white play button to stream audio or right click the link to download the MP3.
Follow the links for QuickTime videos.
- No tour dates scheduled at this time.
- Admat - Fleet Foxes Ad Mat
- Press - Under the Radar Cover Story w/ Joanna Newsom
- Press - Fleet Foxes - MOJO "Album of the Month" review of Helplessness Blues
- Press - The Times (UK) review of Fleet Foxes
- Press - The Guardian review of Fleet Foxes
- Press - Q review of Fleet Foxes
- Press - The Independent review of Fleet Foxes
- Press - Entertainment Weekly review of Fleet Foxes
- Press - Fleet Foxes review in The Sunday Times (UK) - June 08
- Press - Fleet Foxes live review in The Observer (UK) - June 08
- Press - Fleet Foxes: MOJO's #1 Album of 2008
- Press - Uncut review of Fleet Foxes
- Press - Review of Sun Giant in The Independent
- Press - Spin - Voice of the year
- Press - Fleet Foxes - Rolling Stone Feature (Nov. 13, 2008)
- Press - MOJO "album of the month" review of Fleet Foxes